If you are aged between 7 and 18 and resident in the UK, or a UK citizen, you are invited to participate in a Creative Competition this summer.
We would like you to answer the question: “How has the COVID-19 crisis brought your community together?”
Great prizes on offer.
Deadline is 17:00 pm on Friday 28th August 2020.
Get those creative juices flowing.
· A written piece or poem, no longer than 600 words (not including title)
· A photograph
· A video, no longer than two minutes
· Only one entry per person, which must be in English.
· You must be resident in the UK or a UK citizen.
· For the videos, it is possible to work in a group, but the entry must be under only one name.
· For the written pieces, we cannot consider joint entries.
· The winners will be announced the week of 31st August 2020.
· Publication of their work online and potentially in media.
· Award of prize by a VIP judge.
· There are three age categories for judging: 7-11, 12-15, 16-18.
· The judges’ decisions shall be final with no option to contend the decision. We will also be unable to offer any feedback.
· By submitting your entry, it is understood that you have read and agreed the Rules, and understand that your entry may be disqualified if it does not meet them.
· If you are under 16, an adult (e.g. parent, guardian or teacher) must confirm their agreement with your entry and provide their email address and telephone number, stating their relation to you.
· Moral message - Your production should express the moral values demonstrated by your community during this time of crisis: kindness, altruism, modesty etc.
· Communication - It is important to express your message in a way that makes the judges feel the meaning behind what you are trying to say: your production needs to “speak” to us.
· Creativity - Be innovative in the way you use colours, words and video images by taking inspiration from what you see, hear and learn about in your community.
Submit your entries to email@example.com
We are delighted that “Connected Communities” is supported by a range of partners. One of these is First News, an independent weekly newspaper for 7-14 year olds. There is a special subscription offer of 5 issues for £1. See www.firstnews.co.uk/CC20